Calories: 534 kcal per portion
- 1 pumpkin
- 400 g mixed minced beef and pork
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g pasta
- 100 g grated Mozzarella cheese
- 250 ml crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Boil the noodles in salted water until al dente and drain.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds, peel the pumpkin, and cut into 1 cm slices.
- Cook the pumpkin slices in water with salt and vinegar for around 10 minutes and drain thoroughly.
- Soften the sliced bread in warm water and squeeze flat.
- Stir in the mince and eggs.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Grease a casserole dish and line with a layer of pasta, and put a layer of pumpkin slices on top.
- Spread the mince mixture on top of the pumpkin and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin slices.
- Finally, whisk together the remaining eggs, crème fraîche, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the casserole.
- Bake about 50 minutes.
This recipe was developed by a nutritionist. The suitability of each recipe may depend upon your specific cancer treatment and dietary requirements. Please always follow the advice of your healthcare team if you have any questions in relation to your diet, or to any of the information contained on this site.Glossary