Calories: 279 kcal per portion
- 500 g fresh redcurrants
- 3 eggs
- 1 roll of sweet shortcrust pastry
- 9 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 sachet vanilla sugar
(The redcurrants should be prepared 1 day ahead of baking.)
- Wash the redcurrants and place in a bowl.
- Mix in 5 heaped tablespoons of caster sugar and leave in the fridge.
- Line a tart tin with greaseproof paper. Unroll the pastry and use it to line the tin. Spread the redcurrants and syrup onto the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the eggs, cream, milk, flour, the rest of the sugar, and the vanilla sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the redcurrants.
- Bake the tart for 30 to 35 minutes at 200°C. Keep a close watch on the tart during baking.
This recipe was developed by a nutritionist. The suitability of each recipe may depend upon your specific cancer treatment and dietary requirements. Please always follow the advice of your healthcare team if you have any questions in relation to your diet, or to any of the information contained on this site.Glossary