Around 20 madeleines
Calories: 112 kcal per madeleine
- 230 g flour
- 125 g butter
- 100 g unsmoked lardons (diced bacon)
- 3 eggs
- 70 ml milk
- 7 g dried yeast
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
(The mixture should be prepared 1 day ahead of baking.)
- Melt the butter in a small pan then set aside and leave to cool.
- Mix the flour, yeast, and eggs in a bowl. Add the milk gradually, stirring continuously. When the mixture is smooth, add the butter, stir, season with salt (only lightly because the lardons are already salty) and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan, fry the lardons until brown, then lay them on a sheet of kitchen paper.
- Scatter with thyme and add to the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour the mixture into a greased madeleine tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, keeping a close watch during baking.
- Take the madeleines out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
This recipe was developed by a nutritionist. The suitability of each recipe may depend upon your specific cancer treatment and dietary requirements. Please always follow the advice of your healthcare team if you have any questions in relation to your diet, or to any of the information contained on this site.Glossary