Calories: 618 kcal per portion
- ½ small onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80 g Arborio rice
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons bean sprouts
- 60 g peas
- 1 small carrot
- 40 g mushrooms
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese plus extra to serve
- Chop the onions finely and fry lightly in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the rice and fry until transparent.
- Gradually stir in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring repeatedly.
- Wash the bean sprouts, cut the carrot into sticks, clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and fry the chopped vegetables, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese, vegetables, and chopped parsley into the risotto, add the peas, leave to stand for 5 minutes and season to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was developed by a nutritionist. The suitability of each recipe may depend upon your specific cancer treatment and dietary requirements. Please always follow the advice of your healthcare team if you have any questions in relation to your diet, or to any of the information contained on this site.Glossary