Calories: 309 kcal per portion
- 70 g grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 kg potatoes, or equivalent dried potato powder
- 4 eggs
- 300 g fresh or frozen carrots
- 300 g fresh or frozen spinach or green beans (whichever you prefer)
- 150 ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- Butter (to grease tin)
- Defrost vegetables if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Boil the potatoes and vegetables, if using fresh.
- Drain and purée the vegetables.
- Mix the fresh boiled potatoes with milk, or prepare the dried potato powder following the instructions on the packet.
- When the mashed potato is ready, leave to cool.
- Add the eggs, grated Gruyère cheese, a little salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mashed potato mix into 3 equal portions.
- Add the puréed carrot to one portion of the mashed potato mix. Mix well.
- Mix your choice of puréed green vegetables into the second portion of the mashed potato.
- Mix well.
- Grease a baking tin. Arrange the green vegetable purée in the tin, followed by the carrot purée, and top with final portion of the mashed potato mix.
- Bake in a bain-marie in the oven for 45 minutes.
Tip: this terrine can be served hot or cold.
This recipe was developed by a nutritionist.Glossary